Monday, October 22, 2018

Decade

Ten years...what can happen in ten years...well if you go to my first blog on this site, over 400 posts ago...so many posts ago my beautiful and talented daughter made a book of them and gave them to me for posterity's sake! It's hard to believe I sit here tonight on the threshold of another chapter in our journey to aid and minister among the Haitian people. I suffer with a nice case of laryngitis, fortunately I don't need my voice to get a blog together, I cannot harness Siri tonight, an incredible technology that has arrived in the last ten years. There are some similarities between this trip and our first one all those years ago, I go to set up a tent just like I did ten years ago. The tent sits in customs tonight as it did ten years ago. But something has changed across all these years of work in Haiti. Me, I've changed. We have been pushed through knot holes, twisted up by circumstances, thwarted often, and yet today the bright light of love and compassion have seen thousands of lives impacted by faith, hope, and love. Tonight as I contemplate, which I most likely will a few times through this trip, I am staggered at what we have been allowed to, blessed to be a part of. As bone weary as we often are, and frustrated by circumstance, we are not discouraged, we are not dismayed. As much as we have been able to carve into this beautiful people a new legacy of hope for a new generation, they have carved into my heart a fresh courage for whatever I face in the driven culture in which I live. And so it is we go tomorrow, to see with fresh eyes the culmination of all the efforts and gifts of grace and mercy we have received across this decade to help and sustain so many lives, the hearts of orphans, of school children, of the destitute, the thirsty, the hungry, the down trodden. Our anxious hearts bed restlessly, as we ready to go, pray for our success, for our way to prosper, for love and light to be shed on many. Blessings to all and goodnight!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"What God hath wrought!" & will continue as we trust & obey Him.

Unknown said...

Praying for you all as you finish a long journey of travel and adjust tonight. As exhaustion hits lean on the Lord and one step at a time. I can just picture the faces of everyone in Haiti when they see you and sense the excitememt! As you wake up tomorrow, know I am praying for safety/strength/health and the ways that God is going to use each of you tomorrow in your own way!
Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strengh. They will soar on wings like eagles. They will run and not be weary. They will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
Lots of love and hugs to you all ❤

Unknown said...

And another verse that I just came across. The Lord is your shield and He will help you in the tough and the good! "But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head." Ps 3:3

Unknown said...

And so it begins! Love you all. Can't wait to hear about everything. Meg, kiss some kids for me.
Love, Em

Unknown said...

And so it begins! Love you all. Can't wait to hear about everything. Meg, kiss some kids for me.
Love, Em