Friday, April 1, 2011

Father Time


As usual, the internet service has been a challenge. It is almost a full time job trying to make that happen. The place I usually go to was down all day yesterday, so had to go downtown, and that always adds significant time to the operation. We had a great children's service yesterday afternoon! Karen did a fabulous job of communicating the creation story to the kids and having fun with them all at the same time. I think we ended up with about 400+ or -. Not sure. We are doing our second one this afternoon. Last night we went up the mountian behind the church to look at a house that belongs to our church guard. It needs some serious work. We are contemplating what we can do. It really needs a 'Extreme Home Makeover', but we are not those people, and this is not America! The motorcycle broke last night, the throttle handle went to pieces on the inside, so I ordered the part this morning and fixed it for Rob and it is back in circulation. It has been a little difficult this trip with Rob's truck broke down, but this morning he borrowed a neighbors truck and gave the team a lift to the house, after that the girls slipped downtown for bread. We must be quite amusing to the Haitians! At one point Brandon said that when Robinson took off, all the girls fell into the bed of the truck! But they had a blast anyhow. This morning the guys got the front wall washed and prepped for paint, and the final coat is on the American bathroom. Ray got after final cleaning and the place literally shines! The girls along with help from a couple of the guys have the bags all ready for the children's service this afternoon. When that service is done, we are going to drive down to the ocean for a bit and spend some time playing with the orphans there. I also purchased a truck load of stone to spread at the church property to get people off the dirt. Did I mention it is hot and dry here right now! I'm not sure if I ever visited at a dryer time. We also set the pump to test the neighbors well, and it looks like we are going to be able to furnish water to the neighborhood at Rob's house now, including Rob's house as he gets no city water right now. It's noon now, so I have to run back for lunch and roll along with the day. The internet is slowww today, so will try to put up pictures later. We are getting lots of pictures! There will be plenty to show when we get back. I will get a bunch loaded up as quickly as possible. The kids (Noah, Autumn, Krystle, and Kelly will be affronted by me calling them that!) have been having a great time. It is refreshing to see young people picking up the torch in both countries! If there is to be a future, they are it. How quickly the seasons of life pass, time used to move slowly for me, and at times still does in Haiti, but more and more, even on these trips I feel the gentle nudging of father time, and at my most weary point I remind myself that this will soon be over. For the sake of grace we press on! I was having a moment last night, will tell about it in another post, but as I was sitting under the stars at 3:00 am, the sky was stunning, and I was reminded again of the creators will, His power to act, save, restore. He alone holds the keys and the power to restore, reclaim, rebuild. I feel like He has included us in this venture of His, and it is great to be on board! Blessings today.

5 comments:

pastorD said...

Hi everyone, well I said that I would try to put something on the blog this time, so here it is...Hey! Just kidding. I do want to say that we are praying for you and that God will give you the energy to get done what needs to get done, and the creativity to navigate the challenges that you face every day. As you have often said Doyle, God is sovereign over all and therefore what doesn't get done is in His will too. So plant the seed and water it and God will make it grow. God's sovereignty is such a liberating truth, is it not? Well, take care and God bless. Love Don and Ramona.

Anonymous said...

To our dear kids, R&D, R&K, B,A&N-greetings in the wonderful Name of Jesus tonight-we think Haiti all day & pray even when we wake up at night for each of you. -Keeping busy here -97 gal. sap tonight!-boiled all day & l0 hrs. of it tomorrow. Haiti party tomorrow eve. Others praying also, so keep working hard -hope childrens' service went really well today. Krystle--had a nice visit when Ria called today. K&K&R all being good. Loads of love for now BRP & MDJ.

Anonymous said...

well hi ya all, miss ya all , keep up the good work.i m there in spirit with you all;Doyle u made me think of the team so much ; i went back last night & read every blog u have ever posted so ; i saw those same stars u saw at 3:00 am ,been thinking alot about Brandons comment about the potential beauty of haiti,i believe haiti had more beauty ,because the faith the hold so dear to their hearts for our god , wish the all the usa could be that strong in our faith ,last but not least no not just krystle, but the whole team i took the motorcycle out for a ride today (wow it was cold )praying for u all jim

Michelle Cary said...

You dont need to publish this. I just want to let you know that I just tried calling Robinson's phone and it said the number was incorrect. Hope all is going well.
Michelle

Gallo Family said...

OK, first I want to say... I will be thankful and enjoy whatever pics I get to see. Then when you get home I will enjoy them all with you! :) I DO remember the fun issues of trying to get on the internet in Haiti...Not as convenient as sitting in my comfy couch on my laptop! Dad, I got to meet Mom's cousins from CA. We had a great visit. Were able to share with them alot. (by the way this is now my secong time trying to blog to you ...... YES I lost a 2nd one! USER error) So Yes there have been several times I have looked up to the stars and thought about how you look to the same one's. although I don't know that I was awake at 3 but I was at 5:30... we are all so connected, yet so far away.... I hope you all had a great time with the kids at the ocean.... I will pray for your happenings on Sat. Enjoy your day... Yes Jim got his bike out... I was not as brave, a wee bit too cold for me :) Keep up the good work Team Haiti! You are not only encouraging to the people of Haiti, but to those of us here! Thank for the great posts Pastor! Love to you all.... especially My Dad and Deloris! Alisa~