Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Replacement

This trip has really snuck up on me! I think the reason being because I had already resigned myself to not be able to go on a trip until fall. What's the saying? Oh ye of little faith? Just goes to show how awesome and faithful God is! Tomorrow is launch day and I am so excited! It has been 10 months since I have been to Haiti, and I haven't been away from my second home for that long in the past almost 6 years of my life. 10 months since I have hugged or kissed "my" beautiful kids! I can't wait to see how they have grown but it hurts my heart thinking about the time I have missed. That makes this trip even more special to me.

This is one of the smaller team trips I have been on but I am so excited about the people who are joining me! My beautiful mother is our team leader this trip around. I love everyone who I have been to Haiti with but there is no one quite as wonderful to travel to this land with as my Mom. Her love and outlook of Haiti and it's people is a special gift that few have and I strive to have eyes like hers. Lee and Emma Grant are the other two ladies who will be traveling with us. I don't know them very well but in 24 hours that is bound to change! There is something about Haiti that forms bonds with people that you will never understand until you experience it for yourself. In the little bit of time spent with the two of them though, I already know that they are going to be amazing on this trip! I am especially excited for Emma. I was right about the same age as her on my first trip (14 years old) and it was life changing! The last person joining our team is my Grandpa Berg. It was a last minute addition but I am so glad that he is coming! I have been in country with him one other time when I was staying in Haiti for three months in 2012 and it was a real honor to be there with him. After all, he is the one who started our whole mission! I know God has great things planned for this trip! I will do my best to keep everyone updated with blogs, though I am a poor replacement for my very talented father! Prayers for our team are greatly appreciated!

Goodnight from snowy Lake Ann!


Krystle

1 comment:

Jake T said...

The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,[a]

2
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,

3
and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord
for the display of his splendor. Isaiah 61

This scripture popped into my head this morning as I was praying for you all. We will be praying for you and hoping God goes before you in all that you do on His behalf.