Monday, February 6, 2012

Sleepover (Krystle)

It's the start of another week in Haiti! We have had a wonderful weekend over here at Rob and Naromie's. Rob picked Kelly and I up on Friday night with all of our stuff, and let me say that a sleepover in Haiti is a lot more complex then a sleepover in America! We have to bring our own mats to sleep on, sheets, pillows, bug tents, water, food, towels and not to mention all of our personal stuff! So by the time the Toyota was unloaded we felt like we were moving in here for our remaining two months! We get to sleep out on the porch where it is cooler, in fact Kelly actually said he wished he would have brought an extra blanket with him because it gets so chilly! We are already dreading the thought of coming home and waiting outside the Detroit airport for our shuttle bus to pick us up so we have decided we will stay inside and let the others come get us when it gets there:) I'm sure the team will understand! Lol! Kelly and Rob went out drilling on Saturday. I know things didn't go completely how they had planned but they are working it out. I got to stay here at the house with all of the ladies and Boo Boo, they braided my hair while hanging out and enjoying each others company.  We watched a movie and popped some popcorn for all of the family, it was a very nice evening. Church went well yesterday. Kelly did a fine job running the sound board and I taught the children again. I'm not gonna lie, the service was extremely long even though I am getting used to it! It was four hours! When I get home I will never complain about long services again! After church, Kelly and I picked up some hotdogs and chips to share with the family. When we got home though the girls had already made up some lunch for all of them. Rob told us we could have his and he would eat some hotdogs later because he had a funeral to attend. Now we haven't gotten to try much Haitian food yet because you don't really want to go ask them to share some of the little food they themselves have, so Kelly and I were very excited! And let me say I'm a picky eater and everyone knows it but, it was a wonderful meal! We got to stay home from church last night and talk to some of the people from the church back home via FaceTime! It's so wonderful to see familiar faces! Today has been pretty relaxed as well. Naromie provided us with another fabulous meal this afternoon, brown rice, beans, onions, peppers, carrots, chicken and a sauce that goes over the top of it! We could definitely get used to it for sure! We are getting small repairs and jobs at the house done such as fixing generators, sorting medicine, repairing a pew, some plumbing and other things like that. We are going to stay here at the house a couple extra days to try and finish that up. I'm having a party with the girls tonight, watching a movie, painting nails and having some snacks! It should be a great time! We love and miss everyone but I can feel the time just slipping by! In the beginning your keeping track of how many days or weeks you have been gone but now we are counting how many days we have left! Pray that we will continue to be a blessing while we are here! Also please keep me in your prayers, I have been struggling with headaches the last several nights which is something I deal with quite often at home but it seems harder to cope with here where there is not always somewhere nice to rest and it is hot and noisy, thank you! I will try and write something more soon, I know this isn't extremely profound or anything, but I want to make sure no one feels like we have forgotten and don't care! Take care and Blessings from Haiti! Krystle

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi K-K. Sorry about your headaches, Krystle. I wonder if you aren't getting extra muscle workout from lifting precious items, if you know what I'm saying. We will pray about it. Hope Kelly is feeling better, also. Sure a lot of work you're doing. Hide out and rest if you need to. Aunt Gail

Anonymous said...

Hi Krystle Like the picture. It sounds like you guys eat alot of hot dogs there. The baby you're holding looks like he had a few himself. I will pray for you about your headaches and for Kelly and his well work. Stay strong you two, special prayers for you both John

Anonymous said...

Hello Krystlenator! The picture is so wonderful. I hope you and your brother get better soon. It's nice to hear you guys get alittle break by going over to Rob and Naromie's house. Tell kelly we will continue to pray about the well. We will pray that you guys get some rest. Thank you guys for inspiring so many of us back here in the states. In his prayer every night devante prays for you and kelly and all the haitians. You guys have taught us what it is like to be god centered. THANK YOU! Love you guys and remember that god is always for us and nothing or anyone could ever stop us. Keep up the good work. love germaine

Jake T said...

People with big brains get more headaches, if you weren't so smart it wouldn't be a problem. That being sad, I rarely struggle with headaches lol. Sounds like the time over at Rob's has been good. Glad to hear that you like the Haitian cuisine so far. Four hour service is quite a spell, when you get back out short service will fly by before you know it. Thanks for filling us in on the happenings of Haiti. We will continue to pray for ya's. We miss and love you two.

Mary G. said...

Hi All, Krystle, try drinking more fluids, especially water. I've always heard that most headaces could be due to not drinking enough.
Sounds like you 2 are doing wonderful things there, keep up the good works. Glad your having good times. I will try to do better and comment more. Hugs and kisses to you all. Mary Gerhard

Anonymous said...

Thinking&praying for u two tonight. Hope u guys r starting to feel better, there is a nasty flu bug going around here I'm trying to drink lots of water&wash my hands ALOT!! LoL it's been great to hear your stories love u two
Niche

Anonymous said...

Dear K&K Kids,-so appreciate each of your posts-makes me feel as tho' I'm there sometimes. Sweet picture of you & BooBoo-Are the headaches less or gone yet? Hope Kelly, you accomplished something you wanted to today on the well stuff. Grandpa & I enjoying doing puzzles this freezing weather-snow after 12M tomorrow-??????-think your dad's some better today-has a good nurse-pretty one too. Love you loads & pray nite & day whenever you come to mind. Here's a hug for each of you !!Gram DJ.