Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Pupil


We made it. Three simple words, carrying volumes of meaning. Sometimes things seem to redundant to write about. But isn’t life a compilation of the mediocre. How will your life be measured out in the end? What will an epitaph say about you? We get summed up in one or two words, a sentence if we’re lucky. And yet our lives are filled with their own unique brilliance. I love reading autobiographies. People who pound their way through the ordinary turns out to be something extraordinary. I don’t feel extraordinary tonight. We were up for 22 hours yesterday. My back aches, my mind wrestles, I’m way out of my comfort zone, and yet part of me feels right at home. Each dark face that I recognize coming to me for validation and recognition begs for fresh hope. And the circumstances around me scream the message “it’s not about you”. Our devotion this morning was about rest and peace, but it took 22 hours to get here. I rested, sweating wet, in a bug tent, with a fan that ended up not pointed in my direction. You catch my drift. But ‘resting’ isn’t always about comfortable then is it? I sometimes wish I was in charge of the classroom of life, I could determine the test days, and the vacation days, the difficulty of the class material, but I’m still just the pupil. Not my classroom, not my school, not even my desk! Yes, it’s the Haiti perspective that I’m bound to. For 10 years now God has deployed me from the principal’s office. I have had many heated exchanges with Him about it, but as you can see, He continues to dictate and I remain the diligent student. Our last two days have been very full, but amazing things have happened. Not the least being American Airlines came through with allowing us our 3 extra bags. We arrived in St. Marc rather late last night, not sure what the reason is for the late flight times into Port this time, but it made for a really late night. Our hardy team performed with diligence and steadfastness to the mission, and we all managed a little sleep. Today was final organization of our goods we brought in and partial distribution of some of the wardrobe for the orphans, the children’s service and a few other first day organizational items. We met with the custom’s folks tonight and everything being equal, we will have our trailers when the shipment arrives Friday here at the port in St. Marc. It will be a miracle in the making, and we have high hopes it will happen. The one caveat is that it’s Haiti, and it’s a big caveat! So pray hard for us. We have had trouble with the digital connections the last two trips, and I am not sure why. But if you’re reading this post, you will know we succeeded today! We are grateful for all the support of our Stateside family that is making this mission possible, and it is making a difference in the lives of many. With the team of help around us right now, I am confident of exponential growth opportunity. Blessings from St. Marc.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praying hard and sending love to every single one of you! Wrapping you in love and asking angels to guard you and guide you. So happy you’re there, and knowing you will each be guided to the next right thing.....and the next right thing. Mom is safely here and I will read the blog posts to her daily. Deeply grateful for each one of you. Sending all my love to Haiti tonight. ❤️🙏😘