Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dancing


Another great day today in Haiti. The entire orphanage received a fresh coat of paint, minus the ceilings. The floor was scrubbed and the tile sparkles fresh. The fumes were a little intense, painting in Haiti as I have said before is a very different experience. We used an oil based paint so that the walls could be tended with soap and water more effectively. Everyone pulled together and it is done! An amazing accomplishment, and even though the orphanage was nice before, it's fantastic now! We are so pleased with Robinson's leadership and his ability as on orphan himself to be able to give back to his culture this way today in his life. It is nothing short of a miracle. We have a couple more projects we are hoping to finalize, but the pressure is now easing. We have some organization to do for our kids in readiness for them to stay behind in country for 3 months, but they are already settling in and moving with the culture, it's a father's proud day that his children rise to the call of God, and put themselves out in such a fashion. Pray for the success of their journey. We ran into a young girl in her 20's on our way down who was headed for YWAM, we saw her through the airport and got her through the airport routine which can be a fright alone. She was coming for a 2 year commitment, suddenly 3 months seemed a very short time for our kids to be here after all! I love the way God brings perspective in our lives, He must get some really good chuckles in at our expense. I shared with the team this morning a story from yesterday. As we were out getting supplies, we came across a man with a baby in his arms. Robinson addressed him for a few moments and then walked away. As he walked he shook his head, and clicked his teeth. I asked what was wrong, he shared with me a very sad story about this man who had been in his church, who had incredible musical talent, and could play many instruments. He shared how he ministered in a powerful way to the people, and could bring them to dancing with his musical abilities. He shared with me how then the man has left his wife for another woman, had made her pregnant, and then that she had left the baby with him. I was struck with the circumstances, and then Rob told me he had spoken with the man when he first started his wrong behavior, had told him these words, "It seems you can make people dance, but you cannot dance." How true that is, in the entertainment world we have musicians who can sell millions of albums and die in solitude. But even more sad, is that the church has people who week in and out can bring such joy to a crowd, but fail to experience the deep joy of God themselves. I myself have been guilty of this at moments, and the statement gave me pause, the turbulence of our hectic and demanding lifestyles suffers from lack of good spiritual reflection and feeding, we turn on a false demeanor and continue to awe the crowd with a fake face, all the time we are dying inside. Tomorrow I ready to go to the pulpit, and I want to go dancing in my heart, no false pretense. Much of Haiti to me at times is God rooting around my cultural habitual way of doing things, of uprooting shallow behavior, exposing my weakness and giving me a chance to grow with these people even as I lay my hand to the plow to raise up hope and joy for the people of God. I love it when they dance, when you dance, but I want to find myself on the dance floor before God with you. And I don't mean like "So You Thing You can Dance", for I would never even get a number! But the dance of the soul before it's creator, were unbidden before God we relish the joy of His creation and redemption of the heart he has created in you and me! Dance well my friends! The picture here is one I named "Eyes", there are oceans of times and culture and suffering represented, what do you see? Blessings again!

P.S. Please excuse the grammar and punctuation flaws, I have already seen quite a few, but writing through bleary eyes, and ones that are beginning to fail with time shows up in my posting here, I try to go back and correct as much as I can upon my return, but in the interim, you will have to bear with my humanity, as I am too weary to rework things now! :-)

7 comments:

Jake Thomas said...

Great post tonight Paster, I doint minde your gramma problems et all, LOL. What a great accomplishment in getting the orphange painted, you guys rock! When we get like minded people under the annointing and leadership of God focused on a task it is amazing what can happen. Look at what has transpired at the orphanage today and in Haiti due to God's grace with our church down there in general. Miracles all around! I will be preaching about some miracles tomorrow and it will be an eaier task knowing how much you all coupled with God have done in Haiti. He is a great God, Have a blessed slumber. All of love from TC tonight.

popsmdj said...

Dear Jack & dear ones,
-cannot imagine how nice the orphanage looks-what a lot of great team work again. The pictures were so inspiring yesterday. Trust you will all get some good rest tonight & sometime tomorrow even with your having to preach. Be praying for you. Thank the Lord He is the Bread of Life & His Presence is like an everlasting well inside so spiritually we need never go hungry or thirsty-ever again. Many praying off & on all the time for each of you. Enjoy the warmth & the sun -only 7 degrees here -you should see how I have to keep warm at night -Lots of love, & hugs for each one. MDJ

lauren said...

this is nice..i like the picture

jake thomas said...

Thinking of you all tonight, Hope and pray you had a great day.

Sue said...

Pastor you have been given such a gift by God to be so eloquent to describe situations that we all are encountering it is amazing to me your eloquence don't stop the blogs from coming

The Reyhls said...

Blessings,
My heart is glad as I think of Sunday in Haiti with the ladies dressed in their finest and the guys in their shirts and ties giving God their best. It is always a quick reminder that God always deserves are absolute best. We are here to serve him and not him to serve us. Thanks for your obedience in serving the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Kelly and Krystle may God use you in a powerful way and you continue to minister in Haiti, as for the rest of you fellow servents I know that before you know it you will be on the plane. It seems the time flies by once you get settled. We pray that God has touched your hearts forever in a special way this trip, and given you even a greater love for his people in St. Marc. Sleep well you are in our prayers. Love you, The Reyhls

Anonymous said...

Hope ur day was restful! Being the dancing queen I think I am I could relate to this post. God never ceases to amaze me! He speaks to our hearts right where we are! What an awesome God we serve! Continuing to uplift you all in our prayers here! Love Niche