Friday, December 12, 2008

Dawn


I wrote my first post at 5:00 a.m. this morning. I haven’t slept well on this trip, not sure what my problem is, but I was concerned that we get the cement work done today. On top of that I am very sore! Sign of good, hard work! We were here at the property at shortly after 6:00 a.m. George, who I wrote about in the early morning met us at the gate. When the gate was opened I saw that George had been working through the night getting ready for the first pour of concrete. You cannot imagine how they do this, and now I have some understanding of how these buildings can collapse. The mix method is not very scientific, but it gets the job done! The floor is progressing nicely; they are starting the final surface work where they poured earlier in the day. We are waiting on more sand; we had to go buy more cement this morning, we are keeping ahead of them with what they need. There are 11 guys working, and it is a wonder to behold. It is all mixed by hand, and then loaded into wheelbarrows, and distributed to two guys spreading and leveling to string lines. The finishing crew is putting a top coat on that will be able to be swept clean. At first I had determined that we would be tearing this floor back up, but I am rethinking that a bit. The crazy floor is a good 4” thick. I had only wanted 2”! Oh well, God plans ahead of us. So will roll with the punches. Getting pretty good at that down here. Then again, do I have a choice? Yes I do, to roll or to be broken! I will settle for rolling! I met another American down here. Another Haitian pastor I met on the plane coming down who knew Robinson brought him by to meet us. It was almost weird seeing another white guy standing in the street. Got to tell you, we kind of stick out down here☺. Oh well, the blessings continue to flow, and we are very delighted with the outcome of this visit. Glad the whole family was here to witness this, it was great, thank you to those who made that possible, may God richly bless you for your generosity. A thanks doesn’t cover it, but it is a start. Blessings until later.

No comments: