Monday, December 15, 2008

Ugh!


This picture best expresses our hearts. Happy, glad, thankful. These ladies are fixing food for all the guys working on the concrete and helping around the property Friday. They were so excited about what was being done, and they worked so hard to help us. It was very uplifting to be around and kept us going in spite of our weariness.
We are home safe and sound, well...safe! I arrived to find my roof had dumped a truck load of snow in the walkway(hence the ugh!), so Kelly and I shoveled like fools for about 30 minutes. It was more difficult than shoveling sand off the trucks in Haiti! Last night the stuff was sticky and wet and heavy. But we made it in and this morning unpacked all the luggage. Beth is readying the laundry, and I am off to work again!
I talked to Robinson and they had made it through the day yesterday with the funeral and all, he arrived back at St. Marc the same time we arrived home! Long day for all of us. Everyone is tired, but getting back into the groove. These trips sap you a little each time, it takes a few hours to regain your legs, and shift cultures. I notice my body doesn't shift quite as easily as I would like, must be a sign of my age or something. I prefer the something! Again, thank you for your prayers, we accomplished much on this trip. We are already commencing plans for our spring journey, and are hoping to have a group join us. There is more to do, and we are looking forward to the next step God gives us as we following His leading in this amazing endeavor of which He has allowed us to be a part. Blessings today, and may His grace fill your heart as you follow Him!

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Doyle, enjoyed catching up on your blogs this am. Sounds like a profitable trip and God blessed your efforts. Blessing on your family & Have a Merry Christmas!
Rochelle

Faithe said...

Greetings to you and your family... I am THOROUGHLY enjoying your blog -- and will be praying for you in the days ahead as you plan for the next trip.
Wishing you a Joyous Christmas and a Blessed New Year.