Sunday, March 21, 2010

Baggies

Where, oh where, does the time go? It is the eve of our 3rd team trip. Ten travelers, 45 suitcases, 1600 lbs. of supplies and 400 lbs. of day gear. We have handled it several times now, and there are a few more to go! One of the last things to be packed today were 4 pair of crutches. They almost didn't get in, but a couple of miracles later, and they are now part of the supply list! We are excited to get underway. There is a huge undertaking before us, we have 1500 baggies of pass-out stuff for the children's ministry. The list is long and incredible of all the needed goods that have been donated. I am always praying as we pack, this is a land of enormous need, and it feels like such a small drop in this giant bucket of poverty. But lives are being changed, hope is being spread, light supplants darkness, and love prevails against the sting and poison of poverty. Please pray as we go that each of the team will share their blessings with these beloved people. The challenges for this nation continue to be daunting. I know there are difficulties in our country, but they are minimal compared to Haiti. Each trip we go on drives the point a little deeper, and sharpens our perspective. Our well drilling team arrived back to the States safely. Now we are changing shifts. We will continue work on the wells, along with many other goals that I will report throughout the week. The pace of the last few months has been daunting, but God is so faithful, I marvel in wonder at the things brought to pass. As I have said before, do we have enough? One day a boy brought 5 loaves and two fishes to Jesus, and it fed a multitude. When God blesses, it is always enough! We ready for the road ahead: prayerful, expectant, humbled. Blessings always!

4 comments:

Gallo Family said...

I've been thinking of you guys all day.... I found a website I was able to track your flight and see that your plane arrived In PAP safely... now I just wait to hear you made it to Robinson's house... I'm sure it was crazy fun unloading the bus! We went for a family motorcycle ride tonight... it wasn't as warm as we thought! So we didn't go too far, the girls had a ball though! Well I'm off to get the girls to bed soon, I wanted you all to know I'm so proud of you all.... Pastor Doyle don't overdo it... remember it's all God's plan what gets done this trip, it may or may not match your plans! Hello Robinson, We miss you all and tell everyone we love them too..... Dad I love you and I'm sure you are just beaming and enjoying Haiti already! Enjoy your first night with the Roosters :) We look forward to reading the first Blogs. Good Night all! :) Love ya, Alisa

Anonymous said...

Praying for and thinking of you all. Safe travels. Give the people of Haiti our love!

Unknown said...

You are in my Prayers, I am Maura's friend and have pledged to pray for God to meet your every need as you minister to these Beloved People, Tell Maura we Love her and Miss her, and I Pray God Blesses Abundantly, In His Precious Name, Amen

Anonymous said...

Hi Everybody -Alisa & I here to see the latest! Excited you are safely there & hope you all got a little rest last night. Sunny here also but not 100 degrees yet. Calls coming in -checking on you, praying earnestly, & asking ?'s. We just had lunch tog. & hope to meet at Kelly's Fri. nite with "big bunch of CCC. Home Haiti Team, that is. Love, Us 2 Girls-